I’m grateful the number and range of commissions I am asked to do has grown this year. One of my favourites was this special new home portrait of a beautiful converted barn in Shropshire.
The project comprised:
- Lots of changes to the scale and dimensions of the project – this one grew in size once my clients decided where they were going to hang it
- A delightful weekend sketching on site and enjoying the hospitality of my lovely hosts
- At least 25 sketches in various media
- Many layers of oil paint that dried faster than anticipated in the unexpected British midsummer warmth
- Another lovely weekend with my clients who came to collect their painting in person.